Inland Marine Insurance

Community Give-Back Referral Program

Inland Marine Insurance

Inland Marine Insurance covers products, equipment, and materials while being transported over land. Whether it be transported via truck or train, or even while being temporarily housed elsewhere, your items will be covered for loss, collision, and even cargo theft. Some Inland Marine policies can even cover rented, leased, and loaned equipment. Protect your business while shipping a range of items with this policy. New Redwood Insurance Services can customize your policy to cover a wide variety of damaging events, or perils.

When you hire us, we work for you, not for the insurance companies.


Common Coverages

Contractor’s Equipment
Valuable Artwork
Transportation Equipment
Food Trucks
 Construction Supplies
Computer Equipment
Communication Equipment
Sales Sample
Medical Equipment
Mobile Landscaping Equipment & Tools

Frequently Asked Inland Marine Insurance Questions

What Is Inland Marine Insurance?

Inland marine insurance is imperative if you transport valuable materials, tools, and equipment on land by truck or train. Most standard business owners' policies exclude these high-value items. Inland marine insurance will protect your business property that is transported, warehoused, or used for communication purposes. Repairs or replacements of your portable business property that may be destroyed or damaged by an outlined peril are covered under your policy, so it is important to understand what perils are covered. New Redwood Insurance Services will walk you through the covered “perils” in your inland marine insurance and suggest any changes you should make to your existing business owner’s policy.

Does my business need inland marine insurance?

Inland marine insurance is protection for high-value specialty equipment, tools, and products that are being shipped from location to location, or being temporarily housed in storage. Even if your Business Owner’s Policy or your Commercial Package Policy covers these items, this type of policy usually covers property that is housed in a single location. These policies do not cover the specific more high-valued items. If your business frequently ships high-value items, materials, or equipment, an Inland Marine Insurance policy would be right for you.

What is covered by Inland Marine Insurance?

Inland Marine Insurance protects your high specialty items such as:

  • Servers, laptops, and computers
  • Networking and Communication equipment
  • Construction and contracting equipment
  • Medical and science equipment
  • Photography equipment
  • Landscaping equipment 
  • Valuable artwork
  • Mobile tools 

This policy will cover these and other specialty items from “perils” including:

  • Wind
  • Hail
  • Water damage
  • Fire 
  • Theft