Whether you want to switch to a different carrier, new to car insurance, or just looking for a low rate, we can help you. New Redwood makes shopping for auto insurance simple. We do all of the shopping for you and can compare rates with many different Insurance Companies. When it comes to Auto Insurance there are many discounts that can be applied to lower your rate. We have quality insurance carriers for the Good Drivers and for the High Risk drivers. Here at New Redwood we understand that all clients have different needs and that is exactly why we work with a large selection of insurance carriers.
When you hire us, we work for you, not for the insurance companies.
Auto Insurance FAQ
What does the term "Full Coverage" mean?
The term full coverage typically implies that the insurance policy includes both liability coverage and coverage for damage to the vehicle. The term full coverage does not guarantee that “everything” is covered no matter what happens. Your auto insurance Policy Declaration page lists the coverages you have elected. New Redwood Insurance Services will discuss with you the available coverages to enable you to select the insurance coverage which fits your needs and financial budget.
Am I covered if I drive someone else's vehicle?
Usually, the insurance coverage goes with the car. For example, in case you get into a car accident when driving someone else’s vehicle, the owner’s insurance coverage would apply toward damages first. Your auto insurance would normally apply in cases where the owner of the vehicle had no auto insurance policy or did not have sufficient insurance coverage to pay the damages. For specific details and advice on your current insurance policy, for this circumstance, please contact us here at New Redwood Insurance.
I have a suspended license, can I still get auto insurance?
If your driver’s license is suspended or revoked, your insurance company may not renew, or even cancel your policy, but there are options for you. You can reinstate your license by contacting your DMV and following the steps for reinstatement. You may be required to file an SR-22 or be able to apply for a hardship license. Depending on what insurance company you have, they may or may not offer SR-22 filing services. With an SR-22 or Hardship License, you can get your car insurance back.
You don’t have to be stranded, New Redwood Insurance Services will walk you through the steps to get your car insurance back on track!
What are common Auto Insurance Discounts?
Although insurance companies vary in their discounts, here are some common discounts we look out for:
- Multiple Vehicle Discount
- Multiple Policy Discount
- Good Driver Discount
- Anti-Theft Devices Discount
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS) Discount
- New Vehicle Safety Discount
- Good Student Discount
- Continuous Insurance (Loyalty) Discount
- Professional Association Discount
- Military & Federal Worker Discount
- Early Signing Discount
- Automatic Payments Discount
- Paperless Discount
What are some reasons why my auto claim may be denied?
Your auto insurance company may deny your claim for any of the following reasons:
- If you file a fraudulent claim, whether it be a false claim, or claiming exaggerated damages
- If you file a claim while using your insured vehicle for purposes not included in your policy. For example, using your vehicle for delivery during the time of the accident.
- Making expensive upgrades to your vehicle without notifying your insurance company
- Missing payments on your premium may result in your insurance being suspended.
- Giving false information on your initial application. For example, household members over the age of 14 not listed on the application.
- Not updating the insurance company of any changes to your policy. For example, not requesting an address change on your policy if you move to a different house
Your insurance company may deny your claim and even cancel your policy for these reasons. New Redwood Insurance Services makes it easy to request changes and update your policy without staying on hold your hours.
Got in an accident? We will be happy to give you advice and help you to be fully prepared for the claims process.